Commercial Heat Treat & Development
Ajax Tocco Magnethermic designs and manufactures Induction heating and melting equipment for various industries and applications throughout the world. ATM also offers a range of services, including commercial induction heat-treating services from our Detroit Development Center located in Madison Heights, Michigan.
Ajax Tocco initially started this service in response to the needs of our equipment customers who required prototype parts after process development was completed and also as a production backup for customers who required a second source for production in the event of an interruption in their facility. This has grown from these needs to a full service induction heat-treating facility complete with multiple induction systems for induction heat treating, batch furnace tempering, in house development capability, and metallurgical testing equipment.
- Resources to design and produce an induction process for almost any application
- Existing or new equipment purchased through our capital equipment team
- Long or short term production runs
- Very small to very large part capability
- Power supplies from Audio Frequency (AF) to Radio Frequency (RF) to Solid State Radio Frequency (SSRF) and from 25kw to 600kw